AYBL Head and Assistant Coaches:
PLEASE FILL OUT THE COACH/TEAM FORM FOR EACH TEAM YOU ARE COACHING!
First of all thanks for volunteering your time to coach our kids in AYBL. Please review the requirements for coaching a team in AYBL as per the Board of Directors.
1. Head and Assistant (1 allowed per team) MUST register online (coach-team form) and PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK in order for the AYBL liability insurance to be in effect.
2. Abide by the League Rules and the decisions of the League Director, and Board of Directors.
3. Secure a practice gym at your neighborhood school (AYBL does provide certificate of insurance online click on Gyms and Rules).
4. Complete 30 minute online Concussion Class and print certificate of completion (risk management and coaches education = player safety).
5. Meet at Graphic Connection with your team to complete the Uniform Order on your assigned date and time.
6. Every team should designate a team parent to assist your team and AYBL with the team web page, uniforms, picture day, and last minute game or schedule changes.
7. ONLY HEAD COACH may stand and coach the team in the 3' x 14' coaching box. Assistant coaches MUST REMAIN SEATED unless cheering for a good play.
8. If a parent or coach is thrown out of a game for any reason there is an automatic one game suspension. If the parent or coach is thrown out of a game a second time, then the parent or coach is banned for all the games for the remainder of the season. The parent or coach banned from the league will have a right to appeal this to the Board. However, until the appeal is heard the parent or coach will be barred from any further league activities.
Use the site above to complete your background check. You will not be allowed to coach until you have passed the background check with the company above.
Below are the 7 criteria questions that we are asking every applicant that would determine a red light.
- Have you ever been convicted, or do you have a pending charge, of a felony
- Have you ever been convicted, or do you have a pending charge, of any lesser crime involving force or threat of force against a person?
- Have you ever been convicted, or do you have a pending charge, of a lesser crime in which sexual relations is an element, including “victimless” crimes of a sexual nature (including pornography)?
- Have you ever been convicted, or do you have a pending charge, of a lesser crime involving controlled substances (not paraphernalia or alcohol)?
- Have you ever been convicted, or do you have a pending charge, of a lesser crime involving cruelty to animals?
- Are you a sex offender registrant?
- Have you ever been convicted, or do you have a pending charge, of a lesser crime involving harm to a minor?
BACKGROUND CHECK POLICY FOR AYBL
The AYBL board of directors approved if you are notified if your background check comes back as a red light, you are not allowed to coach or referee for the Albuquerque Youth Basketball League. If you so desire you have the right to appeal the denial of coaching or referring because of the red light. All appeals will be heard by a COACHES review board and a decision will be made on an individual basis. IN ORDER To appeal the decision regarding background check policies ON THE RED LIGHT disqualification from coaching or referring you must do it in writing and submit this to AYBL at their e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or AYBL, PO Box 93475, Albuquerque, NM 87199-3475 address.
Attached below is the AYBL Power Point Presentation for the Mandatory Coaches meetings for your review and to refresh your memory of the AYBL rules and regulations.
AYBL LEAGUE GAME RULES AND MODIFICATIONS
Concussion Presentation - NFHS