ALL PLAYERS ON TEAMS MUST BE REGISTERED BY September 22, 2016 (2nd-8th Grade) SO WE CAN ORDER THE UNIFORMS AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED ON TIME.
By AYBL Board of Directors Uniform Policy every player in AYBL MUST be registered with the League for parent permission and liability insurance purposes and be in FULL UNIFORM (AYBL jersey and shorts with current year logo) for EVERY GAME to verify registration with the League. Coaches are not allowed to have "guest players" with an extra jersey to avoid forfeits. Additionally "ringers" (good players not registered with the League) can not be brought into the League for competitive issues.
This is why parents must order the right size of uniform for their child, and please understand that AYBL can not pay for any re-orders, and that your child must show up to all games with their full uniforms (Responsibility) in order to play.
PLEASE NOTE NATIONAL FEDERATION BASKETBALL RULES FOR UNIFORMS:
1. If an undershirt is worn under jersey it must be the same color as the color of the uniform body worn.
2. All head bands and wrist bands below the elbow MUST match colors.
3. Shorts worn under shorts must be same color and not longer than the game short.
4. Long sleeve undershirts or leggings MUST conform to the NFHS rule.
5. There is a no sock rule in the NFHS rule book but the intent of the point of emphasis is to try to make players be in uniform and look like a team rather than a bunch of individuals who happen to be on the same team.
6. It's not about the name on the back of the jersey (players last name), it's about the team name on the front of the jersey (team).
7. All jersey and undershirts must be tucked in shorts.
We want parents and players to learn these rules for upcoming high school and middle school games and rules (NMAA and National Federation High School Rules).
The emphasis from the National Rules Committee is to have teams look more in uniform rather than as individuals as their NBA players.